Your Creative Community
The UP Creative Community is a grassroots network of members, volunteers, artists and partner organisations.
We are growing organically; from a sewing club of mums meeting after the school run, to a multifaceted arts base for North Birmingham. We are integrating much needed sustainable waste management for the planet through UPcycle and focusing on people via UPskill.
We currently in the process of establishing a new The UP Creative Hub in the heart of Sutton Coldfield town centre, in addition to our satellite sites. At Falcon Lodge Community Centre, we encourage you to explore your creativity, learn new skills, and to have a cuppa and a chat! We plan to extend this to a larger hub that can better support our community. We provide a safe place where you can step away from everyone’s demands on you and just be!
- To serve our community by providing a safe, welcoming working space for sewing with resources donated to us that would otherwise be discarded to landfill.
- To trade skills, share creative thinking and encourage wellbeing through engagement with creative arts.
- To provide a robust textile waste management service; receiving donations and processing and repurposing them to help the environment and encourage reuse.
- To provide arts, environmental and textiles education, outreach and workshop programmes to members of our community, schools, charities, and other organisations.
- To support people through social prescribing.
We are a not-for-profit Community Interest Company and we exist to serve you, our community.